[GNC] macOS gnc 3.2

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Aug 27 23:31:01 EDT 2018

It’s because Gtk2 and Gtk3 use different paths to the accelerators. Gtk3 can read the Gtk2 paths but not vice-versa. Because Gtk2 had the ability to change accelerators from the menus (I think that was removed from Gtk3 but I’m not sure, and so I haven’t changed the logic) GnuCash writes out a new accelerator map when you quit.

The accelerator map file is ~/Library/Application Support/Gnucash/accelerator-map. It occurs to me that another workaround besides deleting it before launching GnuCash 2.6.x would be to make it read-only *after* running GnuCash 2.6 and before running GnuCash 3:

chmod a-w ~/Library/Application Support/Gnucash/accelerator-map

Regards,
John Ralls