[GNC] Balance Sheet Report Broken

Paul Schwartz pmjs1115 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 12:12:34 EDT 2018

I have been using gnucash for many years. I keep my books with the assets
valued at their purchase price. The cost basis is important when selling
assets.This is easy for most stocks but some require periodic adjustments
because of return-of-capital [or similar] events. I have been working with
version 2.6.12 most recently, and the balance sheets reported correct cost
basis values for all of my stocks. When I upgraded my Ubuntu systems
recently, version 2.6.19 was installed.  I now find that neither Balance
Sheet report is working. The standard reports zero value for the stock if a
return of capital adjustment was made while the eguile version just ignores
the adjustment and reports the original purchase value.

I would greatly appreciate some help in figuring out how to migrate to
later versions of gnucash.

Paul Schwartz