[GNC] GC 3.2 Import Price File CSV

Anirvan Sarkar powers.anirvan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 08:46:54 EDT 2018

Hi,

New user GnuCash here.

The solution mentioned was to save the file in a different encoding than
UTF-8.

Is the file saved with a UTF-8 Byte-order Mark?
I have seen cases (in other softwares) where the Byte-order Mark caused
parsing failures.
Maybe the same is happening here?

Regards,
Anirvan

On Wed, 29 Aug 2018 at 20:18, Geert Janssens <geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be>
wrote:

> Oh, I missed that solution post apparently. Thanks for informing me.
>
> Regards,
>
> Geert
>
> Op woensdag 29 augustus 2018 13:11:36 CEST schreef Deva -:
> > Thanks Geert.
> >
> > But please note this was not an issue for me; I was just trying to help
> > another poster with his problems (cc’d on this mail).
>
> > Bob can rest easy because the OP said he finally solved it. Something to
> do
> > with the way he exported his price data from a spreadsheet to CSV was the
> > problem. Once he fixed that, everything worked ok. He posted his solution
> > on this list as well.
>
> > Thanks for the follow up.
> >
> > Cheers.
> >
> > On 29-Aug-2018, at 4:06 PM, Geert Janssens
> > <geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be<mailto:geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be>> wrote:
>
> > megagrumpy at hotmail.com<mailto:megagrumpy at hotmail.com>

Anirvan