[GNC] Stock & Mutual Fund Quotes Fail

Rob rg2junk at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 06:47:13 EDT 2018

Hi All:

I've added multiple stocks and mutual funds into the security editor of
gnuCash. Using AlphaVantage, I have also tested the retrieval of quotes
using the command line tool gnc-fq-dump. I've noticed a few things:

   1. If I use the GUI to request price quotes, I get an error saying
   "Unable to retrieve quotes for these items"
   2. Running gnuCash in debug mode doesn't give me any extra info
   3. If I check the quotes using gnc-fq-dump, I can request 4, but then
   the quotes begin to fail - unless I wait 30 or seconds or so, at which
   point I can suddenly request information on more stocks/funds.

So my question is "Is this a bug in Finance::Quote" or GnuCash?

I'm running GnuCash 3.2 with Finance::Quote 1.47 on a Mac.

Thanks in advance!