[GNC] Migrating to iMac from PC

Richard Jones richardtrevorjones at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 06:24:38 EST 2018

Further to the previous correspondence I have now made the migration but have a problem and would be grateful for any further technical advice.

Migration from gnucash 3.3 on Windows 10 to gnucash 3.3 on MacOS HIGH Sierra 10.13.6
GNUcash downloaded OK from source forge.
System image (dmg file) moved to applications. This process “compiled” the image into the application.
Gnucash started up ok with a new specimen system.
Copied gnucash file via usb stick from PC to iMac
Copied file ran ok but then crashed after a few minutes. Before this I had dealt with properties and Preferences menus - although they did not need changing.
The test system now also crashes.

Error file shows

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000028
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process:   exc handler [0]

VM Regions Near 0x28:
-->
    __TEXT                 0000000103b70000-0000000103b83000 [   76K] r-x/rwx SM=COW  /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash

Application Specific Information:
objc_msgSend() selector name: visibleFrame

There is a lot more in the error report but this seems to be the most important part.

Does anyone have an idea what could have gone wrong?

Regards
Richard