[GNC] 3.3 unstable on macOS Mojave

Dan Smith dansmithx at icloud.com
Sat Dec 1 14:31:06 EST 2018

I recently migrated from macOS High Sierra to a new system with Mojave, and replaced Gnucash 2.6.* with 3.3. I found 3.3 to be unusable, and reverted back to 2.6.23.

Some issues:

- Frequent crashes. Crashed about 3 times in 30 minutes of routine register activities.

- Text UI irregularities. I sometimes found it impossible to get the cursor in the position I wanted, or for "select all" to actually select an entire field.

- Account list missing white/grey backgrounds. This is just cosmetic, and may be a deliberate choice (or there's a setting somewhere?). But it's just a white page now, no alternating row highlights.

2.6.23 also has issues: it seems to have trouble finding the right font, and so everything in the register and some other parts of the UI is in bold.

Are these known issues?