[GNC] Fw: Installation of Gnu Cash 3.3

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Mon Dec 3 04:24:28 EST 2018

Op maandag 3 december 2018 09:53:46 CET schreef David Smith:
> This happens when I try to install GNUCash on to my computer using Windows
> 10. Please see image of screenshot.
>
> Please can anyone help?
>
> Regards,
>
> David

You can disregard my previous mail. I hadn't seen this one yet.

The error message is very hard to read as the image has been scaled down. For
others I'll transliterate it here. It goes more or less like this:
The procedure entry point "inflateValidate" could not be located in the
dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\bin\libpng16-16.dll

That message suggests gnucash finds a bad libpng dll.
Did you have gnucash installed before trying to install gnucash 3.3 ?

What you can try to fix this:
1. Uninstall gnucash
2. After the uninstaller has run, remove directory C:\Program Files (x86)
\gnucash should it still exist
3. Reinstall gnucash

Regards,

Geert