[GNC] GNUCash 'Credit Notes

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Mon Dec 3 10:40:39 EST 2018

Op maandag 3 december 2018 16:16:07 CET schreef Trentham:
> I know this is an old post but it's taken me a long time to find it!
>
> It's very helpful info however it seems that doing this does not relate the
> credit to a particular invoice and so in the receivable ageing report the
> customer now shows as being there but with zero outstanding.  Is there any
> solution to this?

The way to do this is to "pay" the credit note with the invoice or "pay" the
invoice with the credit note.

You can do so as follows:
1. open the Process Payment Window
2. Select the proper customer
3. Select both invoice and credit note
4. If invoice and credit note are not offsetting each other exactly, adjust
the payment or refund amount to reflect whether you have also paid the
remaining amount or not (if you have paid the remaining amount, continue to
select the account you used for that payment, otherwise the the payment/refund
fields to 0)
5. Hit ok.

Regards,

Geert