[GNC] 3.3 unstable on macOS Mojave

Dan Smith dansmithx at icloud.com
Mon Dec 3 20:49:03 EST 2018

> On Dec 3, 2018, at 5:53 PM, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.fremont.ca.us> wrote:
>>
>>> There is no GnuCash 2.6.23. Perhaps you mean 2.6.21? Regardless, fonts are a styling issue that you can change fairly easily. Search the web for Gtk 2 theming.
>>
>> Yes, sorry, 2.6.21.
>>
>> Looks complicated, given that I have no knowledge of the Gtk API or how GnuCash makes use of it. I can live with the ugly UI for now. But if there's going to be a 2.6.22, and if this is trivially reproducible on a fresh Mojave system (I don't _think_ there's anything unusual about my system, but who knows), it may be worth looking into.
>
> The 2.6 branch is closed, there will be no more releases. Styling doesn’t require any knowledge of the Gtk API. There are instructions for changing fonts at https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_How_get_I_rid_of_strange_unreadable_characters_or_adjust_the_font_size.

Ah, that's a much more useful than the stuff my Google search turned up. Thanks!

Good news: I can change the fonts using that template. Bad news: I can't come up with any choices that aren't being turned into bold text (even some "Ultra Light" fonts). So it doesn't seem to be a font/resource issue.

Possibly related: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52700341/fonts-in-gtk-on-macos-10-14-mojave-looking-bold

Anyway, no big deal, I'll live with it for now.