[GNC] How to save Gnucash and Lock file issues

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Tue Dec 4 02:22:02 EST 2018

Lorrie,

The setting David Carlson is talking about is immediately under the Files heading on the General tab of the Preferences
dialog. You can optionally display an autosave confirmation before the autosave and set the autosave interval in the
box. I use 5 minutes. The autosave only occurs at this interval if you have made changes to the file. The third option
sets a timeout on the Save changes on closing. After that timeout period any changes are automatically saved.

The preference settings are discussed more fully in https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v3/C/gnucash-help/set-prefs.html

David Cousens