[GNC] Adding custom reports

Bill Manuel BillsGnu at q.com
Tue Dec 4 17:32:41 EST 2018

I am unable to add custom reports to gnucash.
I use Gnucash 3.3 updated from 2.6.19 on windows 8.1.
The custom reports and configuration pages at wiki were my guides to add
custom reports:

https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Custom_Reports
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Configuration_Locations#GTK_CONFIG_HOME

I copied, then opened “Hello-world.scm” , edited the sections as
described in the custom reports link

1. change define-module line
2. change name line
3. commented out the menu-name line
4. changed menu-tip line
5. got and pasted in a guid
6. and saved it under a new name.

In addition, I coped a report at github
(https://github.com/dschwen/gnucash-reports/blob/master/psl-budget.scm)

I created a file in MSWord saved as config.user (then, as an alternative
when the process failed) config-user.scm containing the lines:

(load (gnc-build-userdata-path "psl-budget.scm"))
(load (gnc-build-userdata-path "my-hello-world-.scm"))

and placed both the config file and custom.scm reports in the
gnc_data_home/gnc_config_home folder which the configuration page
indicated, for windows, was

C:/user/myusername/appdate/roaming/gnucash.

After doing all this, I started gnucash but neither of the customer
reports showed up in the menus.

Don’t know if this is relevant, but the wiki-config page indicated what
files are in GTK_config_home. My GTK_config_home (appdata/local/gtk3.0)
is empty.

If someone can help, it would be appreciated.