[GNC] Help with Macbook

Stephen M. Butler kg7je at arrl.net
Tue Dec 4 23:03:59 EST 2018

On 12/4/18 7:43 PM, Greg Stevens wrote:
> Ok, start with an apology here as I am not very tech savvy...I would love
> to simply browse a forum in an attempt to self solve my problem...not sure
> if one exists...and have never used a mail list before, so no idea how to
> browse/search...

In addition to m comments below about the Mac, you can find information
on the mailing list here: https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists

That link includes this note:

Currently, there is no on-site mechanism to search the mailing lists
*and the search link on the archive page is broken.*

Instead, use the term "site:lists.gnucash.org" at Google or Yahoo! to
search within the archives, e.g.
http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Alists.gnucash.org+string+to+search .

> so here is my issue.
>
> I had a 2011 version Macbook Pro and was running gnucash-Intel 2.6.14.1.
> The program never installed and I would have to re-launch (off dropbox)
> every time I wanted to work in the application. I also save my gnucash log
> and files to dropbox.
>
> I just upgraded to a new macbook pro. I am trying to install Gnucash-Intel
> 3.3-1.dmg..
>
> It will not install. I get the dialogue box saying it is an application and
> is it ok to open..and that's it. Once I click yes, it just
> disappears...nothing.
>
> Would really appreciate if someone can either point me to troubleshooting
> guide or offer specific help so that I can get this version installed on my
> laptop.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Greg
>
> ps. just realized I have no idea where to look for the answer to this
> email...so I guess I hope someone emails back?

I'm not a Mac user but have seen recently on the list that you need to
copy/drag it to an application folder.  Then once there, click on it the
first time (which will fail) then click on it again and it should run.

I hope I got the technically correct words to convey the message.

--
Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM
Stephen.M.Butler51 at gmail.com
kg7je at arrl.net