[GNC] How to handle a Square Transaction

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Dec 5 06:31:56 EST 2018

OK,

Assuming Square sits on your money for a day or 2 (or longer), I would create
a couple of accounts.

something like
Assets:Current Assets: Square
and
Expenses:BankingFees:SquareCommission

Record the payment as a 3-way split  (i'm never sure about which column is
which, and I don't have GC open at the moment to test)
Assets:C:S        +120
Income				+125
Expenses:B:S	+5

then when square moves the money to your bank, I'd just do a simple
transaction to move the 120 from Assets:Square to Assets:checking

If square don't sit on your money for more than a day, I'd just skip the new
Asset account and do the 3-way txn straight into the main bank account...

HTH,
Maf.