[GNC] Install Gnucash on Debian

Stephen M. Butler kg7je at arrl.net
Wed Dec 5 18:10:19 EST 2018

On 12/5/18 2:20 PM, Mike stagl wrote:
> I realized I had installed GnuCash on my Debian system using apt-get and a repository.  The latest version for which this works is 2.6.15.
>
> How do I install GnuCash 3.3 or higher on my Debian system? I'm hoping the answer isn't to build my own with cmake... I've never done that before and am a little intimidated by the process and checking dependancies.
>
> Is it possible to download the Ubuntu .deb? Would that work, in theory?
>
> Thanks to all the contributors,
>
> Mike
> _

I am not aware of a .deb version to install.  It wasn't that hard to go
through the build page and compile my own.  There were a couple of
hickups along the way but the folks here were great about helping.

Start with this page and work down section by section:
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Building_On_Linux

Be sure to follow the referenced pages to get the build tools and
dependency list.  I copied them line by line and ran in a terminal
environment.  I haven't taken the time to build a shell script to load
them all.

holler on the list if  you run into problems.  I'm using a patched 3.3
on Ubuntu 18.04.

--Steve

--
Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM