[GNC] Install Gnucash on Debian

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Wed Dec 5 21:18:27 EST 2018

Mike,

Steve mentioned he hadn't put the build environment and dependencies into a
script. The attached is a script which I use for setting up the build on
Linux Mint 19 for Gnucash V3.3. My system was a brand new minimal
installation of Linux MInt so it should have captured all the dependencies.
Debian may differ slightly from Linux Mint in the libraries which are
installed with the system and its base load of software. If there are any I
have missed, cmake throws up an error if the libraries or development
headers are not present, usually identifying the package that is missing. If
you have any problems just come back to the forum with any error messages.
It's not particularly sophisticated and you have to enter the password for
sudo initiallyand answer any questions the installation throws up, usually
just a confirmation "y". You have to set execute permission on it i.e.

$chmod +x gnucash-development-depndency-setup.sh

and then execute at the terminal prompt open at a directory containing the
script

$./gnucash-development-depndency-setup.sh

gnucash-development-depndency-setup.sh
<http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/t375329/gnucash-development-depndency-setup.sh>

It follows the Building On Linux page build setup and dependency information

David Cousens

-----
David Cousens