[GNC] How to Reclassify Invoice Amounts

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sat Dec 8 19:33:24 EST 2018

Tom,

When you record the payment of the invoice, record the full amount.

Then either

make a separate expense transaction for the fee balanced against your PayPal account/checking account. (depending on if you use the PayPal account and then transfer afterwards)

or

edit the payment transaction (from the account register in went into - NOT from the A/R register) to reduce the amount actually received, GnuCash will calculate an Imbalance split line and you can just change the account on this new split to the Bank Fees expense account. Do not change the A/R split.

(Don’t forget to copy the list on all replies so others can benefit from the exchange.)

Regards,
Adrien