[GNC] Adding custom reports

Stephen M. Butler kg7je at arrl.net
Sun Dec 9 15:55:42 EST 2018

I just got my custom report to work on my wife's Windows 10 machine.
1.  Be sure that notepad can open and read the files without strange
characters.

2.  Files must be in the %APPDATA%/GnuCash folder
(C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\GnuCash)

3.  Config file is named: config-user.scm   [note the extension is .scm
and not .txt) and has the contents
  (load (gnc-build-userdata-path "custom-report.scm"))

4.  Custom report named: custom-report.scm

If that still fails, then post the most recent contents of the log file
from C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Temp\gnucash.trace.??????.log
where ?????? could be most anything.  Look at the timestamps and get the
most recent one.  That will indicate if GNC even saw the config file
load statement and the outcome of the attempt to load it.

An empty tracefile implies GNC never saw the config-user.scm file (or
maybe it wasn't readable)
--Steve

--
Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM