[GNC] How To Handle Prepayments

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sun Dec 16 12:05:40 EST 2018

Stan,

Assuming one uses a bank at all...

But even then, if you record the pre-paid expense when you get the bill 2 months early, your assets are off. (though not inflated, sorry, that was the wrong term)

You’re showing you have more pre-paid expenses and less money in the bank than you actually do. On the date of the payment that transaction will be correct, but not until then. Of course, for personal finances, one might not care that a balance sheet in the interim will be incorrect.

Regards,
Adrien