[GNC] Fixing bad Bayesian data

Steve Cohen stevecoh2 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 17:46:56 EST 2018

> Q: How do I get the most benefit from the Bayesian learning algorithm while importing?
>
>     A: First of all you should always assign transactions to the right accounts in the import dialog - accounts names containing Imbalance are definitely wrong.
>     Next, start with a small subset of transactions (like one month) and assign the right accounts in the import dialog. The next time you import transactions, it will recognize this kind of transaction.

Ok, I've been a bad boy.  Didn't read the docs carefully enough.
Imported without setting categories correctly.  Lots of "Imbalanced".
I've been correcting these manually after import. Been using GnuCash
about a year and a half.

Now I'd like to straighten up and fly right.

Is there any way to overwrite the old Bayesian data or is it possible on
subsequent imports to enter the right accounts and have it just work now?