[GNC] Export Report to PDF - characters split across pages

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Wed Dec 19 08:29:38 EST 2018

Op woensdag 19 december 2018 12:29:05 CET schreef Michael Hendry:
> Here is a screen-shot to demonstrate the problem:
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/mmde3eqphnhabp6/Screenshot%202018-12-19%2011.22.14
> .png?dl=0
>
> The report is readable, but inelegant.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Regards,
>
> Michael

This is a known problem with webkitgtk-1, the library we use to display
reports and export to pdf.

The problem gets even worse with its successor webkitgtk-2 as it simply no
longer supports printing to pdf directly :(
This more recent version is only supported on Linux. The old version is no
longer available on linux.
So in the end that brings gnucash in the awkward position of not having a
proper solution to this particular issue on any platform.

The workarounds are as suggested: export to html, open that html in a real
browser and print/export to pdf from there.

Regards,

Geert