[GNC] Import Bills & Invoices: how can I use e.g. \S in the custom regular expression for import?

Rob Laan rob.laan at chello.nl
Fri Dec 21 14:54:06 EST 2018

Hi,

In the function Import Bills & Invoices, there is the option to use a custom regular expression to match the import file to the GnuCash fields.
In that regular expression, I want to use regex generic character types (e.g. \S for non white space characters), and hex codes (\xHH).

But when I enter e.g. \S in the dialog box, it is converted to \\S in the resulting regular expression (checked that in the debugger), bungling up the matching process.

Is this a bug? Or is there some other way to enter \S, \xHH etc. in the custom regular expression?

Using GnuCash maint on macOS High Sierra.

Regards,

Rob Laan