[GNC] Import Bills & Invoices: how can I use e.g. \S in the custom regular expression for import?

Rob Laan rob.laan at chello.nl
Fri Dec 21 17:33:49 EST 2018

Hi David,

Thanks. Yes, I know about escaping special characters in regex. But I do not want to escape anything. And I don’t want to search for a \.

\S is a regular regex content, matching any non white space character (a so called generic character type); but the expression editor changes my \S to \\S in the resulting regular expression.
So, instead of matching any non white space character (with \S), the regular expression tries to match a \ (the escaped \ in the expression) followed by an S; clearly not my intention.

I don’t think it is intentional that the editor escapes my \, I suspect it is a bug. But I’ll see if anyone here can yet shed some light on this.

Regards,

Rob