[GNC] Basic Question (I hope) - End of Year Procedure

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Mon Dec 24 10:13:26 EST 2018

On 12/24/2018 4:22 AM, David Cousens wrote:
> Jenny
> As well as the wiki that David T mentioned the help manual also has a
> section on closing the books:

I will add something to this because of your "no magic undo button"

There sort of is. You can always make a copy of a file before you do
some irrevocable change (this of course doesn't apply just to gnucash files)

Even if you do not ordinarily make backup copies of your books,
especially if you are going to do a "close the books" operation, I
suggest a backup copy before this operation and after (represents the
state of the file at the start of the next year)

Michael D Novack