[GNC] Basic Question (I hope) - End of Year Procedure

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Tue Dec 25 12:08:59 EST 2018

On 12/25/2018 4:45 AM, Colin Law wrote:
>   You could be right though, perhaps the Close
> Books feature built into the s/w does what she wants.
>
> Colin

Because I don't use it, I don't know what gnucash's "close the books"
actually does BUT what I described (entering a giant split transaction
that zeroed out all the income and expense accounts into equity with the
entry in equity being the net gain or loss) is what the MANUAL process
would be. Doing it manually (with one or two* giant splits) would be a PITA.

Michael D Novack

* so split just one one side, two way splits are their own PITA

--
There is no possibility of social justice on a dead planet except the equality of the grave.