[GNC] Basic Question (I hope) - End of Year Procedure

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Wed Dec 26 09:20:21 EST 2018

On 12/25/2018 1:53 PM, John Ralls wrote:
> That’s pretty much what the GnuCash close books function does. IIRC it’s two transactions, one for income accounts and one for expense accounts.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

As I noted before, were I doing it manually, I would probably use two
transactions also, because of it being such a PITA to do a two sided
split. Or three were I going through a temporary "profit and loss"
account << would add that extra step only if teaching to somebody new to
gnucash but familiar with old fashioned pen and ink on paper bookkeeping
since that would be closest to what they were used to seeing.

Michael D Novack

--
There is no possibility of social justice on a dead planet except the equality of the grave.