[GNC] X Forwarding starts session on remote machine?

Andrew Clark ajfclark at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 06:43:44 EST 2018

On Fri, 28 Dec 2018 at 11:30, Andrew Clark <ajfclark at gmail.com> wrote:

> Why is GNUCash ignoring the $DISPLAY variable when I'm logged in on discus?

I did a little bit more digging this evening and have had some success:

gnucash --display="$DISPLAY"

Behaves as expected and forwards the display to the ssh tunnel, just like
xeyes, xlogo, google-chrome, etc do without needing to specify the display.

I have since noticed that other gnome apps also require me to force the
display with --display="$DISPLAY"

Is there some other environment variable that's causing this?

--
Cheers,

Andrew.