[GNC] Updating advice

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Mon Dec 31 06:31:53 EST 2018

Op maandag 31 december 2018 11:00:58 CET schreef Colin Law:
> On Mon, 31 Dec 2018 at 09:50, Finbar Mahon <mahon.finbar at neuf.fr> wrote:
> > Sorry, I'm afraid you are dealing with a neophyte here.
> >
> > I read the wiki, and I looked for the data files but didn't find
> > anything that looked like 'gnucash.20140131150812.gnucash.'
>
> On reading it I see that what is missing is how to find where the
> gnucash file is saved.  The problem is that where it is was specified
> by yourself when you first saved your accounts file.  Just as it is if
> you save a word processor document for example, so the wiki assumes
> you remember where that is.  Presumably you do not remember that
> yourself.  If you open gnucash then you see the name of the file in
> the title bar (I assume that is so on all operating systems).  So you
> just need to know which folder it is stored in.  If you click File >
> Save As then I believe the file browser should open showing the folder
> where it is currently stored, so then you can close that save as
> window and open that folder in whatever file explorer you normally
> use.

Another way to figure out where your current data file is stored:
* Open GnuCash
* Click on the File menu
* You will see a list of last-used files between the "Properties" and the
"Close" menu items
* Hover with your mouse pointer over the name of your data file
=> The full path of this file will be displayed in the GnuCash status bar at
the bottom of the GnuCash window

Regards,

Geert