Blurred fonts with uhd 4k monitor and scaling under windows 10

Dustin Henning "gcml2me at mynym.us" at mynym.us
Mon Feb 5 09:22:39 EST 2018

The issue is actually that Microsoft changed how scaling works in newer
versions of Windows so that programs that weren't compatible with the
scaling functionality in Windows would be treated as images and zoomed
rather than being scaled.  It is possible that GnuCash functions
properly with Windows scaling even though it doesn't "support" it.  In
that case, the following may work:

    The only way that Microsoft has provided users with to turn this
    feature off is to disable it by right-clicking on the shortcut of
    any one of the programs in question, selecting Compatibility and
    turning display scaling on high DPI devices off, one program at a time.

Source:
https://appuals.com/disable-display-scaling-on-high-dpi-devices-in-windows-10/

Alternatively, that page also provides instructions for registry editing
(I don't believe I messed with that because...) and an application
called "DPIAwarenessEnabler" which it links to.  That application can be
downloaded from here:
http://techie007.3utilities.com/software/dpiawarenessenabler/

I have used v1.0.3 of that application and found it convenient, but I
work in IT, and if GnuCash is currently your only problem, messing with
the properties of GnuCash.exe or a shortcut to it may be a better option
for you.  It is possible that it will be much more complicated due to
the Windows GnuCash deployment consisting of many executables, but these
steps may be worth a shot.  Good luck!