Installation

Jonathan Ames jnthn.ames at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 13:19:01 EST 2018

I am a 71 yo solo psychologist, not particularly patient, unable to install Gnucash: every time I save, another icon appears on desktop; accounts, files I create disappear (“not found”) despite being saved. Wondering if this program requires programming skills to set up: other non-programmers seem it use it. Idea was to link office Windows 10 and home Mac (Sierra) systems through iCloud, replacing Windows-only Quickbooks and Mac Quicken. Is Gnucash basically for the IT-savvy, i.e. getting stable version established on systems so they work like standard software? Also, can Windows and Mac versions maintain same data sets? Will guidebook help, of is it that if you’re having my sort of issues you’re too stupid?

Many thanks,

Jonathan Ames, Ph.D.
415 N. Tioga Street #205
Ithaca NY 14850