Is "Transfer" same as making a "Journal Entry"

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 19:00:58 EST 2018

Roger,

The Budget Total is showing you how much you have ‘left to budget’. If you’ve budgeted everything you plan on receiving, then it should be zero.

If you reduce an asset in your budget (in this case the investment account) it is assuming that is converted to spendable cash that can be budgeted. If you don’t budget the amount you withdraw, it is added to the total.

So yes, Income - Expense - Transfers = Total.

If you Received $2000, budgeted $2000 and then withdrew $1000, you’d have a total of $1000 left to budget.

$2000 - $2000 - (-$1000) = +$1000

Regards,
Adrien