Instructions for GST India

Amish anon.amish at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 12:08:45 EST 2018

On Wednesday 07 February 2018 05:52 PM, Deva - wrote:
> Frank,
>
> Read the wiki and spent better part of my day trying to generate a template, but I am sorry to say I give up.
>
> The wiki assumes one is familiar with xml and how gnucash uses xml - neither of which I am comfortable with.

I have created XML file and created pull request too.
https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/pull/275

> Having spent all day thinking about this, I am now wondering whether it would have been a futile effort even if I had succeeded in making a template.
>
> Reason being - my use case for GST is only a subset of what Amish laid out. Even if we attempt to put Amish's comprehensive setup as a template, it cannot be used by all GST users in India. What we have posted is only one aspect of GST in India, mainly covering GSTR-3B and GSTR-1/2 components of the return. Then there are other aspects such as -
>
> - composition dealers
> - e-way bills (launched recently)
> - export related services and such…
Yes but there are many more normal GST dealers than GST composition
dealers. For composition dealers I guess there will be even less
accounts. So they can use template and remove unwanted accounts.

E-way bill - not sure if that would be part of Gnucash anyway. User can
put a note in Invoice stating e-way bill number

Export services - I have no idea about their returns but that should not
stop us from creating normal templates which can become a starting point.

Thanks and regards,

Amish.