Online quotes fetching the wrong price

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 8 08:01:53 EST 2018

Justin,

I see the same command line result. I will note that the date listed there is for 2017 (mine is the same), which suggests something is out of whack. Looking online, I see that NAB was at 33.14 on 03/13/2017, so that doesn’t work. I’ve tried various versions of the exchange (ASX, ASE, AX, all of which appear out on the web) and the symbol (both the ticker, and the ISIN, AU000000NAB4) without success.

Usually, when I see an old date, it means that the symbol ceased trading for one reason or another (e.g., a merger or a company purchase), which leaves the ticker “stuck” on the last day of existence. That isn’t the case here; was there anything funny that happened last March 13 for NAB?

Sorry I can’t be of help. Maybe someone else has better chops.

David