Cash Flow View

Matt Graham matt_graham2001 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 8 23:03:41 EST 2018

G’day All,

I was thinking about what Adrien said in a past email: “Many questions lately seem to be asked a bit too quickly.”. I agree – I sometimes wonder whether people do a simple google before asking.

Still, when I tried to go onto the GNUCash FAQ wiki to find the answer and send it to someone, I found it really hard to find it (but it was there when I searched the page). Due to the huge amount of ‘questions’ on there, It is very difficult to quickly scan down to find stuff you are interested in.

I have edited the page to take the actual questions out of the table of contents – so hopefully people can more easily find their answer through browsing their area (eg the “Using the Business Features” area if they are wondering about how to do invoice stuff). Devs/experts, feel free to revert it back if you don’t like it.
I fiddled with “mw-collapsable” to get an expandable table of contents, but couldn’t get it working well.

To further improve it all, I’m considering trying to establish more wiki pages to take a lot of the questions off the FAQ. Eg all the installation questions would probably be better placed on wiki pages, with the FAQ just having entries “Installing on Windows”, “Installing on Mac” and “Installing on Linux” to link users to the right wiki page....

Anyone got any other ideas to make it easier for people to find the answers without taking up Adrien/John/Geert/Mike’s time? (you all rock, by the way)

Thanks and regards,

Matt