import from quicken 2017 into gnucash - how to?

Ken Pyzik pyz01 at cox.net
Sat Feb 10 19:24:47 EST 2018

David -- I believe the exportable format of quicken is readable by Gnucash
as a QIF file (import).  I could be mistaken - but I believe that is what I
used when I coverted almost 20 years of Quicken data to GnuCash.

Two things to remember -- if you do the import into Gnucash and it does not
work, you can always start from scratch again.  Second, as you know,
categories no longer exist once in GnuCash - they are separate accounts.

Hope that all makes sense.  Converted to GnuCash 6 months ago and have not
looked back.  GnuCash does everything I need and more -- without having to
pay the subscription price that Quicken is now extorting from its users.