2.6.19: Accounts reconciled; trial balance has imbalance

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Feb 13 18:35:05 EST 2018

   The trial balance report for 2017 for a checking account shows a 4-figure
imbalance at the bottom, yet the account is properly reconciled with the
bank (through yesterday). How can this be?

   My accountant tells me that if the checking account register transactions
balance with expense accounts, and the asset account reconciles with the
bank's view of it, the trial balance should have no discrepancies
(imbalances in gnucash language).

   There is no imbalance on the other checking account's trial balance.

   (As an aside, it's taken 8-10 hours for messages I posted this morning to
appear on the mail list so I don't expect to see this there until tomorrow
some time.)

Regards,

Rich