Online quotes fetching latest stock price but incorrect date; currency exchange rate also not working

Justin Smith justin at smithpolglase.com
Sun Feb 18 06:55:07 EST 2018

> And by ?operating system?s time zone is correct? he means ?in Australia?
> (or Asia somewhere), because if you?re in America then the closing price
> really is from the 15th.
> Regards,
> John Ralls
> > On Feb 17, 2018, at 7:32 PM, Ronal B Morse <ron at morsehouse.com> wrote:
> >
> > I guess the first step is to verify that the system time and date is
> correct and the operating system's time zone setting is correct.
> >
> > RBM

Hi John, Ronal,

The PC clock, date, and timezone are set correctly (Western Australia:
+8:00). I haven't changed them since I set up the PC years ago.

But John's comment about "if you're in America" might be the reason... (but
the other way around). Yes I live in Australia but if "gnc-fq-dump
alphavantage" returns Friday's closing price (Sydney-time) with a date
based on the local time of the alphavantage server (e.g. San Francisco),
then it would return Thurs (Feb 15).

But if so, something has changed, because when I fetched the quotes last
Thurs, Feb 15, it worked fine.

I'll test again tomorrow (Mon).

Cheers,
Justin.