Stock Spin-Out

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 14:27:50 EST 2018

Les,

Usually a stock spin-off splits the before spin-off cost basis between the
after spin-off stocks according to documents provided by the parent
corporation to the SEC and shareholders which also explain how details such
as fractional shares and various expenses are to be treated.

The worksheet that nvsoar provided the link to helps with calculating
details.

I thought that there was also a stock split assistant built into GnuCash to
construct the transactions.  Check the help or tutorial manual s for that.

David C