New File Won't Open

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Wed Feb 21 09:59:46 EST 2018

HI,

On Wed, February 21, 2018 9:44 am, Les wrote:
> I created a new GC file for my Mac.  When I try to open the new file, it
> reverts back the previous file.
>
> How to correct this problem?

How are you trying to open the new file?

On a Mac you cannot double-click a file -- GnuCash does not handle the
Apple Open intent and will always open the last-opened file on a Mac.  So
on a Mac you MUST use File->Open from the menu to select your data file.

> Thanks,
>
> Les

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745