gnu cash v 2.6.19 on Mac OS X 10.13.3

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 16:24:57 EST 2018

Dan,

You’re seeing that for the following reason:

The account you currently have highlighted is NOT an income/expense account.

Gnucash defaults to creating a new account as a sub account of the one which is currently selected.

Select either the main expense account, or a sub-account of expenses and you’ll see Income & Expense as the only options.

If you do this with other account types, you won’t see Income or Expense listed.

Regards,
Adrien