Monthly Billings Report ? (How much business did we book/Invoice during month X)

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Fri Feb 23 05:38:59 EST 2018

Op vrijdag 23 februari 2018 09:50:02 CET schreef Colin Law:
> On 22 February 2018 at 18:36, Fran_3 via gnucash-user <
>
> gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:
> >  Scott,
> >
> > Thanks for your comments. As I mentioned to Adrien, I don't think I'm
> > going to charge off and start developing my own gnuCash queries using any
> > tool. We are going to just use it out of the box and develop work-arrounds
> > where necessary
>
> In that case I don't think there is any point doing anything other than
> sticking to the default XML format.

The only benefit is the very reason the sql backend was initially developed:
you no longer risk loosing data because you forgot to save. This comes with an
immediated drawback as well: as gnucash has no undo, you can't go back to a
previous (automatic) backup when something went wrong. Whether this benefit
weighs up against the drawback is of course personal decision to make.

Geert