Segmentation Fault

C M Reinehr cmr at reinehr.net
Fri Feb 23 11:10:51 EST 2018

This morning I am unable to start Gnucash. Whenever I try I receive the
following message:

> ;;; note: auto-compilation is enabled, set GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=0
> ;;;       or pass the --no-auto-compile argument to disable.
> ;;; compiling /home/cmr/.gnucash/gnctimeperiod-utilities.scm
> ;;; WARNING: compilation of
> /home/cmr/.gnucash/gnctimeperiod-utilities.scm failed:
> ;;; ERROR: no code for module (gnucash gettext)
> Found Finance::Quote version 1.35
> Segmentation fault
and the program terminates.

I have been running Gnucash v 2.6.4 for some time now on my Debian
system -- "Jessie, v 8.10. All programs & libraries are up to date.

I know that I could update Gnucash to a more current version but I
prefer to run a "clean" Debian stable (in this case, old stable) system.
Until recently this version of Gnucash has been more than satisfactory.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

CMR

--
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." -- Mao Zedong
--------