Using Online Banking features

Ron Schnatzmeyer NoSoy1 at charter.net
Fri Feb 23 17:32:34 EST 2018

I've just set up GnuCash (Linux). I have all my accounts set up (a lot
of work). I have moved over all the data from Quicken (a lot more work)
and everything balances. I have gone through the online banking setup
and can connect to my bank just fine. The setup recognized the three
accounts I have this bank and I associated them to the corresponding
GnuCash accounts. But I'm excited and confused. It seems there is quite
a bit of information about setting up online banking but hardly anything
on how to actually use it. When I read GnuCash has online banking my
expectation is that it would work similar to Quicken?

So here I am just starting to use GnuCash:

1) Now I want to send several bill payments to the bank. With Q, I setup
the online payees first and then just put 'send' in the check number to
make a payment. What do I do in GnuCash? How do I make payments?

2) I have three separate accounts at the same bank. With Q, I just just
click on "Ron's Bank". It then downloads all the transactions and sends
all the payments for all three accounts at one time. How do I do that
with GnuCash?

3) I have several scheduled online payments set up in Q. I set it up
once and then every month it automatically pays the same amount on the
scheduled date. I don't have to do anything else. How do I do that with
GnuCash?

I'd appreciate some help on how to use these online features.

Thanks.