Date changes

parakrama at theacetechnologies.com parakrama at theacetechnologies.com
Sat Feb 24 09:06:46 EST 2018

Hi Brown

It seems to be working.

Thank you for supporting.

Parakrama Weerasinghe

-----Original Message-----
From: Stan Brown [mailto:the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm]
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 6:39 AM
To: parakrama at theacetechnologies.com
Cc: GnuCash User List <gnucash-user at gnucash.org>
Subject: Re: Date changes

On 2018-02-19 09:22, parakrama at theacetechnologies.com wrote:

> I downloaded Gnucash on 17th and tried to record transactions from
> last year. However I found that the system does not show any date
> before YESTERDAY, 17TH February 2018.
>
> My requirement is to record transaction from July 2017 and update upto
> now
>
> Can someone tell me how to record backdated transactions and use it?
Hi. New user here, but I'll jump in.

I'm not sure what you mean by "does not show any date before". When you enter transactions, you ENTER a date. Sure, it shows you a date by default, but don't have to use that. Just highlight the date shown, and enter 2017-07-15 or whatever (in your date format).

There's a nice shortcut. In Edit » Preferences, on the Date/Tie tab, select the last radio button, "in a sliding 12-month window" and select
8 for "this many months before the current month." Then you can enter a date as 7-15 (for example, but use your format) and it will supply 2017 because the "window" runs from 8 months before now to 4 months after now.

Stan Brown
Tompkins County, New York, USA
http://BrownMath.com
http://OakRoadSystems.com>