General Ledger

Dave H hellvee at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 14:06:39 EST 2018

Thanks for explaining the distinction Michael.

So I take from all this that the General Journal/General Ledger distinction
is an historical distinction no longer in real use with the advent of
computerised accounting software.  It still doesn't explain for me why the
intent is to rename everything that says General Ledger to General Journal
when General Ledger appears to be the more widely used terminology, at
least in my world.  I work in a large organisation with multiple branches
and many system users having a large Finance Section using dedicated
financial software who will only refer to the "General Ledger", hence my
confusion :-)

Cheers Dave H.