Quick question regarding gnucash assembling

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Feb 28 23:38:12 EST 2018

> On Feb 28, 2018, at 8:16 PM, just me <djfd at mail.ru <mailto:djfd at mail.ru>> wrote:
>
> Hi John,
>
> may I ask you, maybe I am doing something wrong or it can be issue with
> cmake scripts, but my version is always linked against guile1.8
> regardless of any tried options...
>
> I am under Arch Linux, up to date, it has guile package (2.2 version),
> guile2.0 (2.0 version), and there is a possibility to install guile1.8
> (1.8 version)
>
> I tried to cmake with
> -D GUILD_EXECUTABLE=/usr/bin/guild -D GUILE_EXECUTABLE=/usr/bin/guile
> (for 2.2 version)
> -D GUILD_EXECUTABLE=/usr/bin/guild2.0 -D
> GUILE_EXECUTABLE=/usr/bin/guile2.0 (for 2.0) version
> also tried without any options
>
> It compiles just fine, for any options set, both in the presence of
> guile1.8 and without it...
>
> But when running it, not having guile1.8 installed, it dumps a core
> because of segfault. Stracing shows that it is looking libguile.so.17
> which is a part of guile1.8 package...
>
> I was need it urgently, so I simply installed guile1.8, but I am
> feeling that it is wrong, it have to be linked against that user have
> installed...
>
> So is it my mistake somehow, or assembly scripts issue? Could you
> advise please?

Andrei,

You may not. Please address all inquiries to the user list, gnucash-user at gnucash.org <mailto:gnucash-user at gnucash.org> or the developer list, gnucash-devel at gnucash.org <mailto:gnucash-devel at gnucash.org>.

As it happens I’m not the expert on anything to do with Guile so it’s particularly misguided to ask me anything about it.

You need to tell us what version of GnuCash you’re building, the CMakeLists.txt have diverged rather a lot between maint and unstable/master.

Regards,
John Ralls