Check Register view disappeared; how do I get it back?

Dave Orsinger dorsinger1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 13:38:06 EST 2018

Hi,
I asked this basic question several days ago and still haven't found a
solution. I was starting with gnucash on a very basic, personal level.
I was entering data in the basic "check" register. When taking a break,
I accidentally "x'd" the check register tab and it went away (no
surprise). However, when I tried to make it reappear, I cant figure out
how to do it. My data is still there as I can run reports, etc. but I
need the "check" register to continue entering more data.
Perhaps someone can create a "dummy" account (named after me), do what I
did in closing the check register, and figure out how to get it back.

Much appreciated.
Dave O