How to get rid of "Could not determine the account currency. Using the default currency provided by your system."

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 3 13:45:46 EST 2018

Hi,

Paul Neuwirth <mail at paul-neuwirth.nl> writes:

> Hello,
> I always get "Could not determine the account currency. Using the
> default currency provided by your system." when opening an account since
> upgrade to 2.6.19.
> according to SQL
> SELECT * FROM gnucash.accounts a left join gnucash.commodities c on
> c.guid = a.commodity_guid;
> all accounts have a currency set.
>
> Book Option "Use Trading Accounts" is off
> Preferences Accounts, Default Currency is set (choose: EUR)
>
> what am I missing?

What type of account is it?
Specifically, is it a stock/mutual fund account?
If so, is it a top-level account?

Stock/Mutual accounts need to be children of an Asset with a currency.