Running balance stops working

farleykj farleykj at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 10:50:24 EST 2018

You've not mentioned the operating system you are running on, which can be
helpful if other people want to try and duplicate your problem.
Either way, first off, I've got lots of added namespace entries for the
securities, like ETF, ESOP, etc. They are just placeholders for
categorizing, they don't affect the way the individual securities are
presented, to the best of my knowledge.
The only time I saw weird behavior in the Balance column of an account was
when I botched up the "Smallest fraction" setting for the account, within
the Edit Account feature. I don't know how you would set this to result in
blanks, but maybe it's possible?
Also, Version 2.6.3 is rather old (circa 2014?) given the current version is
2.6.19. There have been many bug fixes in the intervening years. Maybe if
what you're seeing is the result of some bug it might have been addressed
already. Wishful thinking, perhaps.

-----
Ken Farley