Accounts as hyperlinks ignores the report options date range bug

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 11:55:05 EST 2018

That would beg the question then of how one goes about encoding date ranges in account hyperlinks. GnuCash creates the hyperlinks. The user just sets the option to do so.

Now, if this were a custom report that was programmed differently, I could see the point of the question, but since this is a default report included with GnuCash, I’m left a bit mystified as to how this is accomplished.

I too expected to see the relevant transactions that were used to generate the report, or at least be dropped into the account register at the opening date of the report for my further investigation. I certainly did not expect to simply see the account register opened to the latest date.

I guess the report needs some tweaking. I would think a filtered view of the account register showing only transactions in the report date range would be what one would expect when clicking that hyperlink.

If that is the intended behavior, then it is not working. If that is not the intended behavior, then I suppose an enhancement request is in order.

Regards,
Adrien