Invoices: multilingual & tax detail questions

Macho Philipovich macho.p at riseup.net
Fri Jan 12 11:06:09 EST 2018

Dear fellow Gnucash users,

I have two questions about invoices.

First, I deal with some of my clients in French, some in English. I'd
like to be able to provide invoices in either language. Gnucash reports
generally allow me to edit all of the headings in the options menu and
then save the report configuration, which is helpful, but is there a way
that I can switch the display to use the French style for currency
amounts, i.e. use a comma instead of period to indicate cents, and show
the dollar sign after the amount instead of before?

Second, in Quebec we have to charge two VAT taxes (federal GST and
provincial QST), and my understanding is that the authorities prefer
that we show the calculation of those taxes separately on invoices and
that we provide customers with our registration numbers for each tax as
part of the invoice, so that they can provide them when claiming those
taxes back if need be. Is there any way to separate the two VAT taxes
within the invoice? Currently I've just added a note explaining this and
providing the registration numbers in the notes/terms part of the
invoice, but I wonder if there isn't a better way.

Thanks, as always,

Macho